Saturday, September 13, 2008

SUIT UP

so due to my increased robustness, i needed 2 new suits.  Why shopping for the suits, I started to ask the salesman about suits made in the US and if there was a discernible quality difference.

After a 20 minute monologue, he said that until this year, all suits made in China were terrible.  The suits made in Italy were a mixed bag, but the suits MADE IN THE USA were always "completed properly."  I learned that term to mean the stitch-work was excellent.  Why bring this up?

Well, local is in the eye of the beholder.  I want local basil to have sprouted within 100 miles. But, I consider a USA made (in my case Rochester, NY & Chicago, IL) suit local.

2 comments:

Indiewala said...

There are suits made in the US? All of my suits seem to be made in Europe, at least that's what the label indicates. Maybe its my uppity tastes?

bluginger said...

Hickey Freeman, BOSS, Burberry - made in the USA