Braised Fennel & Sweet Potato
shopping = easy
difficulty = low
expense = low
Secure a heavy-bottom, oven-safe pan.
1 Fennel bulb, fronds removed, cut into 8 pieces
1 Sweet Potato, peeled, cut into 16 pieces
1 T. butter or olive oil
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1 cup water
- Heat butter (or oil) on medium-high heat to foaming but NOT browning stage
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add fennel and sweet potato, ensuring each piece has a little butter on bottom
- Cook for 5 minutes NOT moving vegetables
- Warm water in another pot with salt and pepper
- Pour water over vegetables
- Move pan to oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until liquid is mostly reduced and knife slides out of sweet potato easily
remove from oven and cool for 5-10 minutes.