Sunday, September 7, 2008

Saturday - welcome my old friend...


There are two defining beers that brought me to love beer. Sure, I drank plenty during high school and some during college.  By senior year of college, we were fixtures every Thursday at Raleigh's.  One Thursday, they poured Pyramid Hefeweizen.  This is enough years ago that, Pyramid was making excellent, excellent beers.  I was in awe and drank about 10 of these. 

Anyhow, what was does that have to do with Saturday?  I returned to Brooklyner Weisse, which I drink about once per year and is the only Brooklyn "core brand" beer I enjoy.  So...

It pours with an amazing, big, aromatic head.   The flavors open up as is warms a bit - citrus, malt, and just crisp.  Every sip begs more food (local corn with a sandwich) and every bite begs another sip.  Just delicious.  See you next year.

No comments: