Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Good Fork Visit (Brooklyn 1 of 12)

There are plenty of sites that review each dish and photograph the food. I won't bother adding to that.

On Friday, the sweetest-of-sweethearts (aka SOS, aka my wife) and I visited The Good Fork in Red Hook (Brooklyn). Red Hook on Friday, January 28, was a snowy and desolate place, complete with man-eating puddles.

Good Fork is pretty nice. To us, the entire experience was on par with Flatbush Farm, probably not as good as The Vanderbilt.

I ordered a fine burger with salty tempura onion rings and SOS had a lovely piece of striped bass with root vegetables and soft farro (I think).

Five takes on the experience:
  1. I don't like when the wait staff needs 30 seconds to describe each special.
  2. I dislike when the wait staff doesn't tell me the specials' prices.
  3. Good Fork is very much a modern American restaurant. If there are Korean influences, they are subtle.
  4. I ordered a margarita. The drink - pretty tasty - was unwieldy as it arrived in an ice-filled pilsener glass.
  5. This is a nice little neighborhood bistro making good, not different, food in a comfortable environment.
To us, not worth two buses and some waiting, but not a bad experience.
$95 Total - 2 apps, 2 entrees, 1 cocktail

No comments: